From Monday 5 July 2021, some Opal fares will increase by 1.5% in line with inflation expectations.
There will be no change to:
- the $50 weekly cap for Adult Opal customers
- the $25 weekly cap for Concession and Child/Youth Opal customers
- the $2.50 daily cap for Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card customers
- fares for bus and light rail journeys up to 3 km
- single trip ticket fares for Adult and Child/Youth Opal customers (with the exception of rail single trip tickets inclusive of the airport Station Access Fee)
- transfer discounts of $2 for Adult Opal customers and $1 for Child/Youth, Concession and Senior/Pensioner customers.
Customers can plan their trip and calculate fare costs via the trip planner on transportnsw.info and the Opal Travel app.
See fare tables below for new daily and weekly caps, and Opal fares.
Daily and weekly caps
|Weekday||Saturday / Sunday / Public Holiday||Weekly|
(including contactless transport payments)
|Senior/Pensioner||$2.50||no change||$2.50||no change||–||–|
Bus Opal fares – Adult*
(Includes On Demand services in the Opal network and Contactless Transport Payments)
|Dist. Band (km)||Peak||Off-peak||Single Trip Bus Fare|
|up to 3 km||$3.20||no change||$2.24||no change||$4.00|
|over 8 km||$4.80||$4.87||$3.36||$3.40||$6.00|
*For further information and concession/child fares from 5 July 2021 please go to: transportnsw.info/tickets-opal/opal/fares-payments.